Being a pharmacist means being a member of APhA!
APhA-ASP, the student section of the American Pharmacists Association (APhA), represents over 30,000 pharmacy students at all schools in the United States and Puerto Rico. It is the largest student pharmacy organization nationwide.
The mission of APhA-ASP is to be the collective voice of student pharmacists, to provide opportunities for professional growth, and to envision and actively promote the future of pharmacy.
What are the benefits of joining APhA-ASP?
APhA offers numerous networking events, career advancing opportunities, professional development occasions, as well as many other benefits!
Development opportunities include:
- Health Fairs
- Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, and Diabetes Screenings
- Heartburn Awareness Campaign
- National Patient Counseling Competition
- Leadership opportunities at chapter, regional and national levels
Networking events include:
- APhA Annual Meeting
- Monthly chapter meetings
- Chapter social events
Other benefits to take advantage of include:
- All APhA-ASP members receive full membership to the International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation (IPSF) which represents around 350,000 pharmacy students and recent graduates in 70 countries worldwide
- APhA-ASP members are eligible to participate in the IPSF Student Exchange Program
- Discounts on expenses traveling to APhA Annual for participating
in APhA-ASP events
- Free subscriptions to informative pharmacy related publications
- Savings on Pharmacy textbooks and resources
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Discounted rates on car insurance and rentals at Geico and Hertz
- Awards and scholarships
- A free Naplex review book when you graduate (worth up to $70)
- APhA Visa Card
- Free lunches at every chapter meeting!
Contact UHAPhAASP@gmail.com to obtain a registration form from one of our MVPs. Include your Name, Class (P1/P2/P3/P4/PrePharmacy), and contact information. A Membership Vice-President will contact you with information on when and where you can turn in your registration form and membership dues.
APhA-ASP annual membership dues are $78, which includes membership to the following pharmacy organizations, each with their own unique benefits for you!
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- UH APhA-ASP Chapter!
- Texas Pharmacy Association (TPA)
- Houston Area Pharmacy Association (HAPA)
- International Student Pharmacists Federation (IPSF)